[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] Webinar - "Capturing Our Future: How WTO is helping Big Tech Corporations to Take Over the World of Work" Webinar

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:10:08 EAT 2020

Listers,

This might be of interest to you.

Thank you

Best Regards

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Richard Hill via InternetPolicy <internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 1:37 PM
Subject: [Internet Policy] Webinar - "Capturing Our Future: How WTO is
helping Big Tech Corporations to Take Over the World of Work" Webinar
To: <internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>

Dear all,

Here is an analysis of the proposals made in free trade negotiations that
are related to topics of interest to this list, including proposals that
might limit use of open source software:

https://www.ituc-csi.org/IMG/pdf/digital_chapters_and_the_impact_on_labour_en.pdf

On *July 1* at 8.30am (Washington DC) / 2.30pm (Brussels) / 8.30pm
(Singapore), the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) and the New
Economics Foundation (NEF) are organizing a webinar presenting that report.

They will be discussing:

o The report’s findings with regards to the workplace, quality of
employment, industrialization for developing countries, platform work and
other areas

o How a WTO agreement could lead to exacerbating inequality, increasing
labour market polarization, and monopolies

o How Big Tech is taking advantage of the COVID-19 crisis to capture more
data and increase their power

Moderated by Alison Tate (ITUC)

Report findings by Duncan McCann (NEF) and Yorgos Altintzis (ITUC)

Discussion with Anna Byhovskaya (TUAC)

and go to the Preferences tab within your profile.
-
View the Internet Society Code of Conduct:
https://www.internetsociety.org/become-a-member/code-of-conduct/

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277