[kictanet] CA removes Finserve Africa (formerly Equitel) from the rooster of mobile money providers)

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Jan 31 05:01:12 EAT 2020

Regulation is evolving. Or is it Regulators need to evolve?

The Communication Authority of Kenya (CA) drops Finserve Africa, the successor to Equity Bank Limited’s Equitel from the roster of #mobilemoney service providers. The reasoning?

It’s more a banking product than a mobile money product.

#GoFigure.

So basically, 1.88 million mobile money subscribers have disappeared into thin air. According to The CA. Any who...moving on..

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/CA-removes-Equitel-from-mobile-money-category/4003102-5436860-6g3977z/index.html

Ali Hussein
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad