[kictanet] Vodafone snubs Libra in favour of growing M-Pesa digital money

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Jan 23 18:35:25 EAT 2020

Interesting...Most of the incumbent players are one by one abandoning
Libra. What gives? Pressure from regulators?

Here
<https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2019/10/21/here-are-all-the-companies-that-bailed-on-facebooks-libra/#674681de3487>
are some of the other companies that have bailed out on Libra. The list
includes Visa, Mastercard, Stripe, Mercado Pago and eBay.

Pressure from regulators and policy makers is real.

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 4:10 PM Mwendwa Kivuva via kictanet <