[kictanet] Capacity building for Malware Analysts

Richard Otolo rotolo at strathmore.edu
Tue Apr 21 14:21:02 EAT 2020

Dear Listers,

With the increasing spate of malware attacks, we have come up with the
below initiative.

Malware (malicious software) is mainly developed and operated by cyber
criminals. Malware attacks are increasing in both frequency and
sophistication, thus posing a serious threat to essential services and
infrastructure on our continent.

To help address this issue, @iLabAfrica IT Security Center is running an
introductory course on malware analysis that will provide an understanding
of malware, how malware it works, how it has shaped the global cyber
security landscape, and the technical skills required to analyze a malware
sample.

Participants will also learn basic techniques to uncover malware features
to support the procedures in a forensic investigation process.

Please refer to the poster below for more details.

We also did a free webinar to set the stage for the course. It is available
here https://youtu.be/tc-4X1etFiY

[image: image.png]

Kind regards,

*Richard Otolo*
*IT Security Manager*
*@iLabAfrica*
*Email*: rotolo at strathmore.edu
*Office Tel: *+254 (0) 703 034661 *Ext:* 2661 |
*Cell*: (Work)  +254 (0) 731 269 789
                                                  *Cell*: (Home) +254 (0)
723 385 705
*                                                  Skype: *richard.otolo
                                                  www.strathmore.edu,
www.ilabafrica.ac.ke

<https://twitter.com/iLabAfrica>
<https://www.facebook.com/iLabAfricaStrathmore/?fref=ts>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeo0kj1SRiVkje78cyxnAzQ>
<https://plus.google.com/110890271788869052448/posts>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/2596334?trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Acompany%2CclickedEntityId%3A2596334%2Cidx%3A2-1-2%2CtarId%3A1465459099320%2Ctas%3AILABAFRICA>
  <https://www.instagram.com/ilabafrica/?hl=en>

--

*Note: *All emails sent from Strathmore University are subject to
Strathmore’s Email Terms & Conditions. Please click here

"Visit
our Facebook  <https://www.facebook.com/StrathmoreUniversity>Page and
Twitter  <https://twitter.com/StrathU>Account".