[kictanet] Sector Statistics Report Q2 2019-2020

kanini mutemi kaninimutemi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 13:55:37 EAT 2020

Mwendwa,

That formula is problematic. For you to arrive at a more than perfect
percentage, what is your base? What does that statistic tell us? Yes, more
than one person owns more than one SIM card- but what population of the
country owns more than one SIM card? Is it a wealth and status measure? Is
it a measure as to how many SIM cards have been sold and registered. Sigh.
Problematic mathematics. When they used similar terms to put a number on
internet penetration levels in 2018- the folly was clear- do you mean there
is a higher internet penetration level than the number of people? Are we
counting IoT devices as people?  Problematic!

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 19:25, Ali Hussein via kictanet <

*Mercy Mutemi, Advocate*.