[kictanet] IS AMAZON UNSTOPPABLE?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Oct 31 08:01:18 EAT 2019

Ohaga

Great points. Let me turn around that conversation.

1. What is the role of Policy Makers and Regulators to curb mischief from
so-called Dominant Players?
2. Should Private Enterprise be cowed from being competitive just because
they fear they will become 'dominant'?
3. Does Private Enterprise really know how to put the brakes on success? I
mean let's look at a scenario - A CEO calls in his Chief Commercial Officer
and Chief Marketing Officer and tells them - 'Guys! You've met your quota
for the year. We have achieved the threshold of dominance. If we sell more
we will be declared 'Dominant' and we can't have that!! So stop selling!!!
:-)
4. The role of a Referee (Regulator) is to ensure a level playing field and
that of a Policy Maker to set the rules of the game. So when players
misbehave and the referee is reduced to whining... who is to blame?

We should ask ourselves fundamental questions on this issue and solve it at
source.

*Ali Hussein*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.