[kictanet] Kenya Revenue Authority Data Collection

tevin mwenda tevinmwenda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 08:47:56 EAT 2019

Hi Listers,

I came across this article today in the business daily on how the Kenya
Revenue authority will be collecting data from all the other agencies
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/tech-KRA-kit-to-track-car-deals-daily/539546-5327476-5lcwo9z/index.html.
They have even gone further to request that any new power meter connection
be linked to the KRA system. In as much as I know they are doing it with an
effort of getting tax cheats I am just wondering what are the implications
of such massive data sharing with no Data protection laws in place
regarding how such Data should be shared between government entities and
what should be shared.

Kind Regards

Tevin Mwenda Gitonga