[kictanet] KICA Amendment- Regulation of Social Media

kanini mutemi kaninimutemi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 15:06:52 EAT 2019

I see the comments coming in. Thank you.

Here is more to ponder on:

The Amendment will require that all bloggers register with the Commission
(Read Communication Authority of Kenya) perhaps on the payment of a fee.
Failure to register will be a criminal offense.

So *1*. *Licensing of the social media platform*
*      2. Registration of bloggers. *

I like the question Mwendwa posed. What is news. If I’m walking by town and
I witness an accident first hand- take a photo and break that information
on my Whatsapp Status or Instagram stories or on Twitter- am I blogger?
Will I have committed an offense?

*Mercy Mutemi, Advocate*.