[kictanet] For quality laws, MPs should consult stakeholders

Keith Andere kephand at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 11:47:32 EAT 2019

Dear GG,

Thank you for sharing the link as well as organising the town hall meeting.
The interactions were great and no doubt such environments will see
"multiskateholderism" thrive, in the interest of the larger community.

@J Walubengo <jwalu at yahoo.com> You articulated the discussion so well.
Asante.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 11:53 AM Grace Githaiga via kictanet <

> From Walu on our town hall last week:
>
> IN SUMMARY
>
>    - So last week, Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTAnet) hosted what is
>    possibly the first town hall meeting with Members of Parliament –
>    specifically the Parliamentary Committee on ICT.
>    - More often than not, MPs meet citizens in only two settings – during
>    election campaigns and during formal stakeholder engagement sessions at
>    Parliament buildings.
>    - Participants from media, academia, civil society, private sector,
>    youth, etc. asked questions and shared ICT experiences and subsequently got
>    honest feedback from MPs.
>    - It was evident that this sort of meetings with parliamentary
>    committees in charge of various sectors should be encouraged and
>    regularised.
>
> https://mobile.nation.co.ke/blogs/1949942-5354120-7bdgkj/index.html
>

> Best regards
>

> Grace Githaiga
>

> --
> Grace Githaiga
> Co-Convenor, Kenya ICT Action Network

Regards,

*Keith Andere*
Twitter: @AndereKE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andereke/

"Technology has forever changed the world we live in. We're online, in one
way or another, all day long. Our phones and computers have become
reflections of our personalities, our interests, and our identities. They
hold much that is important to us" ~ James Comey

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail or it's
contents.*