[kictanet] Education ministry abandons Uhuru's laptop project

Baiju Shah baiju at telemedia.co.ke
Sun Mar 3 11:49:21 EAT 2019

Hi Grace,
I think the approach has to be different in achieving Digital Literacy and
it has to be one of self motivated learning from the youngsters, the guides
need to the the teachers who teach them all day and hence it will be of
value to train the teachers and the teachers train the students in the
current model. I do not see any amount of teacher training. In addition, we
discuss the basic infrastructure, there needs to be a team within the MOE
who does an yearly audit of the infrastructure tie this up the the
performance of the head teacher and the budgets that were available, with a
little bit of data analysis we will be able to identify where the
limitations are and what needs to be done to remedy the situation.
Finally, each school needs to establish a community digi kiosk that not
only acts as a teaching support in technology but also services the
community around them to make it self sustaining, government pays the ICT -
entrepreneur some fee to sustain him basically for a certain number of KPI,
training based on a continuous learning basis, this will create 30,000 ICT
led jobs in the country, provide these schools with an operational system
that enables the headmasters to use technology to optimise the operational
running of their institutions, reduces costs and this will free up teachers
time resulting in better teaching outcomes, the money saved through better
operations and transparency will assist them to maintain and upgrade their
infrastructure. The operational system will also enable the School heads
make decisions on the basis of factual information and the government can
further be able to role up into single performance dashboard from all being
able to seethe performance at national, county, regional and to the lowest
denominator.

Anybody ready to participate for such an impact project to improve and
uplift our future? If so, please get intouch we have the operational
product ready, we now need to role this out, but with the current state of
affairs it is going to be a real challenge.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
*Baiju Shah *
*Tel. 0787332247*

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 10:09 AM Grace Githaiga via kictanet <