[kictanet] [hidden knowledge] What? AFRICANS (in the US) co-invented the PC, Cell Phone Tech, 4G & the LIGHT BULB????

Patrick A. M. Maina pmaina2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 04:53:34 EAT 2019

Listers, this is mind-blowing stuff (see the list & video links below). Did you know that almost every modern convenience in your house, and every portable electronic device, contains (or has technology inspired by) an invention by a person of African descent?

Dear policy makers, when you don't believe in your own people's potential, you encourage imported technology/labor and discourage the development of indigenous solutions. When you don't give your indigenous innovators a real chance - unless they partner with a foreigner, who you happily encourage to come and "fund" our innovators, relying on obsolete imported IP laws, do you know that you are encouraging the plunder of indigenous IP?

Do you know that foreign "competition" or "awards" are literally IP mining projects where we lose huge sums (possibly billions) of foreign exchange? For every 1 to 20 "winners", they collect THOUSANDS of potentially high value ideas which they will one day sell back to our governments at a massive premium (leading to even more taxes - because Government revenue is not diversified enough)!
 Has anyone followed up to see what happened next for all these "winning innovations" we keep hearing about for the last decade? How many jobs have been created, how big are the companies? how many still exist? what is their ownership structure (how much is still owned by the indigenous founders)?

If we truly want a culture of innovation (which is critical if we want to take charge of our future), we must protect our children from the *politics of intelligence* (IQ brainwash). It is a real phenomenon - and is calculated to make Africans (from early childhood) believe that we are somehow inherently inferior and/or incompetent. It suppresses our children's dreams and ambitions, guiding them towards a life of self-doubt, mediocrity and apathy.

Wake up Kenya (and Africa), let's get serious about protecting our indigenous intellectual resources and nurture them for commercial advantage so that we can free our country from the shackles of debt, poverty and other forms of externally imposed indignity!

===================================

Does anyone on this list recognize these names? Did you learn about any of them is school?

1. Dr. Mark Dean: an IBM employee who helped invent the PERSONAL COMPUTER & MONITOR (screen) !!! He holds THREE of IBM's original nine PC patents. More recently he led the team that invented the 1GHz Chip.

2. Henry T Thompson - Pioneered cellphone technology (invented the Gamma-Electric cell)..among other things (e.g. improved solid rocket propellant - which significantly enhanced US missile defense capabilities)

3. Jesse Lee Russel: invented 4G / LTE technology (!!)

4. John Henry Thompson - Invented Lingo, a scripting language for rendering visuals / simulations in computer programs (Macromedia, Shockwave etc)

5. Otis Boykin: Invented the resistor (during a time of racial segregation).
6. Marie Van Brittan Brown: Invented the CCTV camera

7. James E. West - invented the Electret Microphone
8. Kenneth J. Dunkley - invented 3D glasses
9. George e. Alcorn - Imaging Xray Spectometer
10. Dr. Betty Harris - invented the bomb detector
11. Dr. Patricia Bath - invented a laser cataract remover
12. Valerie thomas - A NASA employee, invented the hologram - still way ahead of its time.

13. Dr. Shirley Jackson - co-invented fibre optic cables, caller id and call waiting.
14. Lonnie G. Johnson - patented technology that was the basis for CD/DVD optical drive (waaaaay ahead of its time)

15. Lewis Latimer: Invented the most critical component of the light bulb (the filament).
16...the list goes on and on... traffic lights, toaster, stapler, staple remover, central heating efficiency improvements, subway tech etc etc.. and these are the ones that were documented.

For context, it is important to keep in mind that some of these inventors (have) lived during very hard times for people of color (slavery / racial segregation) and were systematically denied a proper education or dignified existence. Incredible achievements considering the odds and obstacles they faced.

Growing up, I always wondered how come black people don't contribute to science or progress...

Are our kids currently being brainwashed in school? Does KICD check for IQ brainwash while approving content? Food for thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umdq6B3HIZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8tje7BkYMo
Brgds,Patrick A. M. Maina.[Cross-domain Innovator | Independent Public Policy Analyst - Indigenous Innovations]