[kictanet] Fibre optic cable networks to now be registered with CA in new regulations

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Jul 25 12:27:56 EAT 2019

To me, it seems a timely intervention. What is now required is for the
different agencies to work in concert. CA, ICTA, Ministry of Roads, etc.

We are always advocating for DIG ONCE policies for our roads and walkways.
How will that be achieved if we don't start somewhere? For example, a
register will show that Road X has no ducts, therefore Ministry of Roads
should prioritize ducts the next time works are being done, the same way it
prioritizes drainage, road furniture, pedestrians, etc.

This is one of the policy interventions we have always been advocating in
the different fora we have been holding.
Mwendwa Kivuva,

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 at 12:07, Collins Areba via kictanet <