[kictanet] Legal or legislative needs for Precision Agriculture.

meshack emakunat memakunat at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 11 10:41:52 EAT 2019

Hello Listers,
I would like to know if there is any legal (legislative) requirement for one to run the following in several farms in Kenya today.

   - A fleet of drones operating in several farms in rural Kenya.
   - A crop monitoring system broadcast infrastructure for early warning and food security guide.

I am not sure and have done a small research on the same I have not found any requirement recently yet some years back one required some sort of license or permit to operate a drone within the airspace either from KAA or something, or CCK then. Someone, please help in clarifying the above issues. A list of the requirement will be helpful.