[kictanet] CALLS FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS ON THE BUDGET POLICY STATEMENT 2019

Deborah Wanjugu deborah.wanjugu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:05:52 EAT 2019

Dear Listers,

I came to learn the Treasury has issued a call for public comments on the
Budget Policy Statement 2019.

I never saw any particular firm plans the Government has for ICT so I
thought it best to bring this to your attention, albeit a little later than
I should have. I could be wrong, though. Maybe I had high expectations
owing to the exposure I get from you all.

What I love about this group is there are so many diverse opinions on
various issues. I think it would be great to let the Government hear all
these well - considered opinions on its ICT plans.

The deadline for institutions to put in their comments was on Friday, which
means Kictanet might not be able to, but as individuals you would be able
to participate.

The deadline for submitting our comments is 31st January 2019, i.e. this
Thursday.

I created a public Google folder for this purpose. You can access it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LsgzmXlEgPagqUDN-qQqlQEeEzK9pYqM

You are free to share this widely.

Kind regards,

Deborah