[kictanet] [renewal unlikely to exceed >$20] Promotion for registration of .africa at 200 KES

Patrick A. M. Maina pmaina2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 13:37:59 EAT 2019

 Listers, a quick google-search shows that .africa renewal is unlikely to exceed current market price of ~$20 (and could go lower depending on market forces).

So the deals being offered are reasonable and win-win if you plan to use your site for commercial gain as you have a whole year to try out and develop your business idea.

For perspective, $2-3 is the price of one/two cup(s) of coffee at your favorite Wi-Fi lounge. You can always switch registrars - or abandon the domain when renewal falls due, if things don't work out.
There are other considerations of course (which are usual and normal) such as registrar credibility and/or jurisdiction issues in case of trademark or other disputes. To mitigate those risks, and to promote our local tech industry, I would recommend .africa registrars whose servers are based in Kenya.
Good day.