[kictanet] [fyi] Mozilla's 2019 Internet Health Report is out. A "must read" source of context and ideas for all ICT stakeholders.

Patrick A. M. Maina pmaina2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 28 18:43:03 EAT 2019

Dear Listers,
Mozilla's Internet Health Report (2019) presents a human-centric perspective on the current state of the internet. It also offers excellent recommendations on how to make the internet work positively for all stakeholders i.e. private sector, Government and the general public.

The report is a "must read" source of context and ideas for all stakeholders interested in having a holistic perspective of emerging 21st Century public-interest issues.

Here are some excerpts from the executive summary (published on Mozilla's blog):

"The digital environment is a complex ecosystem, just like the planet we live on... The internet has the potential both to uplift and connect us. But it also has the potential to harm and tear us apart... we need to step up and do something if we want the digital world to net out as a positive for humanity rather than a negative... The good news is that more and more people are dedicating their lives to creating a healthier, more humane digital world.

This Report is designed to be both a reflection and resource for this kind of work. It is meant to offer technologists and designers inspiration about what they might build; to give policymakers context and ideas for the laws they need to write; and, most of all, to provide citizens and activists with a picture of where others are pushing for a better internet, in the hope that more and more people around the world will push for change themselves.

Ultimately, it is by more and more of us doing something in our work and our lives that we will create an internet that is open, human and humane."

Please read, engage and share widely within your networks. Thank you!

Links:
1. Executive Summary:
https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2019/04/23/its-complicated-mozillas-2019-internet-health-report/
2. Mobile Friendly Sitehttps://internethealthreport.org/2019/
3. The 2019 Internet Health Report (Short Version)
https://d20x8vt12bnfa2.cloudfront.net/2019/2019InternetHealthReport_shortversion.pdf
Brgds,Patrick.
Patrick A. M. Maina[Cross-domain Innovator | Independent Public Policy Analyst - Indigenous Innovations]