[kictanet] [labor issues] why Kenya should urgently BAN unpaid internships

Amos Ochieng ochiengamos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 21:26:22 EAT 2019

Internships are a learning experience and should be paid for in the same
fashion we pay for education. The moment you get admission to intern for
three or so months in a company; that company becomes a learning
institution - systems have to adjust to accommodate you, someone has to be
in charge of supervising you at the expense of doing their daily duties.

If the learning that goes on today in our colleges is anything to go by
most interns are half baked and very labourious to mentor and train. They
therefore owe the company and should pay for the opportunity they are
getting.

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 3:42 PM Ali Hussein via kictanet <