[kictanet] DATA PROTECTION BILLS

Thomas Kaberi thomaskaberi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 11:54:08 EAT 2018

The caveats on these bills  and those on part6 of the Access to information
act of 2016 are stickingly similarly vague albeit in the inverse.

The leeway given to public institutions seem to be giving one to access and
or withhold information on very vague bases.

 We may want to read the proposed laws and the act  side by side with a view
to harmonise these laws as well be explicit on the superiority and other
aspects.

Otherwise GOK and the institutions may pitia Kati Kati of the loopholes in
both laws.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018, 9:39 AM James Muendo via kictanet <