[kictanet] KENIC boardroom wars must not spill into public

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Sep 21 15:30:58 EAT 2018

Grace and all

This is really a shame. There is s0mething really wrong about this. Just
the lack of communication from anyone at KeNIC. I understand the CEO left
at the end of August. At least he was a face of the organization and could
be relied upon to engage with the community. A quick look at the website on
the staff side shows:-

1. No CEO
2. Board Members are not listed.

I understand there was a meeting this week at the CA between the
protagonists (who are board members. Drake against everyone else). The fact
that you have a board that is divided and now spilling the beans against
each other is super worrying. Not sure what the CA powers are here but I
think the parties who have representatives in the Board need to speak out
since this is playing out for over two weeks now and what do we get from
the Board?

MUM IS THE WORD.

It's a sad day because this Board together with the immediate former CEO
has presided over the fastest growth of .ke domains we have ever seen.  Let
us not lose momentum by becoming an opaque organization when everyone is
opening up.

Full disclosure here:-

I served as a Board Member of KeNIC for six years (two terms of 3 years
each). During my tenure the Board Charter was clear on the tenure of Board
Members. Two terms of 3 years each.

The current Board Charter seems to have done away with these terms of
office. This is a flagrant abuse of Corporate Governance Ethos and is
basically unacceptable.

The community needs to come together and resolve this matter before things
go awry. Attached please see the board charter. Not sure whether it is the
current one or not.

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*AHK & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 1:48 PM Grace Bomu via kictanet <