[kictanet] controversial-it-practitioners-bill-re-emerges

Hannington Oduor hanningtondr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:14:07 EAT 2018

Thank you Hussain

A task force  is a must, much as i believe that there is one in place, this
will ensure that the bill is not only sired, but sired in the right time
and with the capacity to address the critical issues within the industry.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:25 AM Ali Hussein via kictanet <

> Listers
>
> This bill is being pushed from all angles of the government. From the
> Ministry (The CS is on record that he will support or even sponsor such a
> bill) and it now seems Parliament. My take on this bill is that:-
>
> 1. Whilst most of us will oppose this bill we must be strategic in how we
> engage and ensure our voice is heard.
> 2. We must insist on a transparent Public Participation Process and clear
> feedback mechanism on how we progress on this.
> 3. We must be ready to go to court if need be to ensure our voice is
> heard.
> 4. We must ensure that this bill is not turned into a Rent-Seeking
> Mechanism and that if it does pass (that it is in the spirit of ensuring
> that the sector progresses to world class standards.
> 5. We must hold our representatives to account and ensure that they
> understand what it is they are proposing.
> 6. Last but not least the bill MUST start with a definition of who an ICT
> Practitioner is. This is the million dollar question that MUST be answered
> before we even deign to progress any conversations.
>
> I suggest that KICTANet forms a high level committee to drive our agenda.
> I'm asking this mainly informed by this simple fact:-
>
> If you are not at the table eating then you either of the following:-
> 1. You are the food.
> 2. You have been left out completely
> 3. Or you are serving the food and will probably be left with the scraps
> after everyone has eaten.
>
> Regards
>
> *Ali Hussein*
>
> *Principal*
>
> *AHK & Associates*
>

> Tel: +254 713 601113
>
> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>
> Skype: abu-jomo

> <http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>
>

> 13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,
>
> Chiromo Road, Westlands,
>
> Nairobi, Kenya.
>
> Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
> mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
> organizations that I work with.
>

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 9:22 AM Barry Macharia via kictanet <
>
>> Dear All
>>
>> This is back in parliament again
>>

>> https://www.cio.co.ke/kenyas-controversial-ict-practitioners-bill-re-emerges/
>>

>> regards
>> Barry

*Computer and Cellular Forensic InvestigatorCyber Crime Unit CID HQ Nairobi
0720-727003ENCASE II        C.H.F.I*