[kictanet] Companies fight to retain hold on customers’ data Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001298938/companies-fight-to-retain-hold-on-customers-data

Hannington Oduor hanningtondr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:30:17 EAT 2018

Data protection is a journey that we must travel, the earlier we begin the
better, it was more obvious that dissenting voices had to be heard but
listening keenly you realize they are from a specific quarter, this should
not stop the movement and the onus is to all stake holders to ensure that
the journey does not stop coz the benefits of data protection out weigh its
absence.

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 12:58 PM Grace Githaiga via kictanet <

> Major firms have opposed proposals to limit how they use personal data
> from millions of Kenyans, threatening the implementation of robust data
> protection laws.
>
> The companies, including multinationals want unfettered access to the data
> they have on their customers, some of which may have been collected without
> users’ knowledge.
> Read more at:
> https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001298938/companies-fight-to-retain-hold-on-customers-data
>

> Best regards
>

> Githaiga, Grace
>

> Co-Convenor
> Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
> Twitter:@ggithaiga
> Tel: 254722701495
> Skype: gracegithaiga
> Alternate email: ggithaiga at hotmail.com
> Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gracegithaiga
> www.kictanet.or.ke
>
> "Change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged and
> come together to demand it. I am asking you to believe. Not in my ability
> to bring about change – but in yours"---Barrack Obama.

*Computer and Cellular Forensic InvestigatorCyber Crime Unit CID HQ Nairobi
0720-727003ENCASE II        C.H.F.I*