[kictanet] Telkom asks for a review of rivalry

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Nov 26 08:57:28 EAT 2018

Listers

Here we go again.

Whilst I have issues with some practices of Safaricom PLC, I’m an avowed defender of a judicial mix of regulatory oversight and free market principles. A number of issues demanded by Telcos and other players are already in motion.

1. Access to Agents. That’s already happening in a big way. Safaricom PLC doesn’t have a monopoly on this anymore, and I’m not sure they ever had.
2. Mobile Money Interoperability is now a reality. Time will tell how this works out.
3. Number portability has been with us for years now.

So I ask, what else do these players want?

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6472694728822439936

Ali Hussein
Principal
AHK & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad