[kictanet] Telcos regulator seeks to monitor WhatsApp + Plenipot Issues (Kenya's Position)

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Nov 7 15:32:28 EAT 2018

Rachel

Thanks. And once again kudos to you and the CA for continuous engagement
with the community. We deeply appreciate it even when we disagree in
principle on some of the things you guys get us into... :-) Indeed it is in
the spirit of ensuring diverse voices are heard. Something your home
ministry should learn or are learning. We have noted with deep satisfaction
that the Mother Ministry is now starting to engage. It can only mean well
for the country.

On the issue of  WCIT 12 I'm glad you raised it because we would like that
conversation included in the forum you intend to call to discuss the Common
Positions. Whilst I understand the nature of GeoPolitics and why the
government decided to finally sign the treaty I for one continue to be
opposed to it. My reasons may fill a whole book so I'll hold my peace for
now. History will not treat us well if we blindly follow like sheep to the
slaughter house. Someone must keep us honest.

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*AHK & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.