[kictanet] Telcos regulator seeks to monitor WhatsApp

Bhaves Shah bhaves.shah at jabjabgroup.com
Tue Nov 6 10:55:06 EAT 2018

This is debate on government control of technology is just ridiculous in my
own opinion. The vey nature of technology is to disrupt the very nature of
controls that are enacted by governments, and that has been the case in our
history regardless of technology. The more controls you try and put on such
an ecosystem, the more technology will evolve..There is no way a government
will be able to keep up, unless it wants to restrict complete access to
information which China tries, but it still fails miserably as citizens are
more resilient than one thinks..

Governments are the one's that fuel most of the fake news, it is not the
irresponsible citizens which at time are in a minority. The question is not
about who controls what which the government is trying to do but in a more
sadistic way. The question is that technology is disruptive, and how does a
country become a progressive nation to embrace such disruptiveness, you
cannot stop this technology revolution, in fact it gets even more difficult
from hereon.

Just my two cents..

Regards,

Bhaves Shah
Founder-CEO
JabJab Group Ltd
+254 707 306639
website - www.jabjabgroup.com
twitter - https://twitter.com/jabjabgroup
facebook - https://www.facebook.com/jabjabgroup/

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 10:45 AM evelyne wanjiku via kictanet <