[kictanet] Seeking information on NEMIS

Grace Bomu nmutungu at gmail.com
Thu May 17 19:52:17 EAT 2018

Dear listers,
I am sure that those of you who are parents/guardians/caregivers here
filled in the NEMIS (Ministry of Education System) forms from their
children's schools at least once or twice as the school year or
registration for exams.

It got me wondering what the system is really about and how children's data
is protected. I  scoured the internet for any policy/legal document and the
one I came across was a user guide.

Would anyone, the Ministry, Authority, task force members or contractors
please share more information on the purpose of the system as well as how
parents and children can access it, how long the data will be kept, who is
keeping it etc?

Regards,

--
Grace Mutung'u