[kictanet] Airtel customer loses Sh3m compensation bid over network disruption

Victor Kapiyo vkapiyo at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:09:46 EAT 2018

The High Court has dismissed pleas by an Airtel customer who wanted the
telco compelled to pay him Sh3 million for his alleged losses after a
network disruption. Mr Leonard Onyango accused Airtel of repeated network
disruptions in March last year.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Customer-loses-bid-to-compel-Airtel-to-pay-him-network-loss/539546-4562646-ad47trz/index.html

Looks like the public are now turning to courts for redress over network
disruptions. Even as CA revises it's otherwise ok website, can the CA team
also guide Consumers on the appropriate procedures for redress under their
mandate for such. I think many people get frustrated calling customer
numbers that are sometimes generally disfunctional or just intentionally
off the hook whenever some service providers have issues with their
networks. Twitter is awash with complaints to service providers. I would
wish to understand what measures the CA has taken to ensure compliance and
service delivery. It would be good to get some statistics too (since these
aren't included in the CA Sector reports).

Victor