[kictanet] Bitange to head Taskforce on Blockchain...

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Mar 1 15:34:44 EAT 2018

Congratulations to the team.

Blockchain can produce a single source of truth (SSoT) as our CS Mucheru
puts it. I like that name. Despite that, there will not be any meaningful
change in our systems if we don't address one thing. The human interface
layer.... more so integrity.... For example, if the land registry, is
migrated to the blockchain, it may initially start with lies, depending on
current emotive land issues, and prominent politicians insatiable appetite
for grabbing land. If people who have the prerogative to post into such
systems are compromised by such powerful individuals, they will make sure
the system does not work, or the information posted is not correct. IEBC
and elections anyone?

I'm a believer in systems, and solving problems. For that, we have already
developed a blockchain application for academic qualifications for
universities. This removes problem of universities repudiating
qualifications of prominent politicians and Chief Executives. Here is a
sample output of a certificate written on the blockchain,
https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmUPdewcjsiwz6dJvPAnFCLTj7X2F2HHZ5hKBwBaoiGWny

Good luck to the team, and pongezi CS Mucheru for ensuring the word
"Blockhain" and "Artificial intelligence" gets into the President's speech.
This is no mean feat.

Regards,
Mwendwa Kivuva.