[kictanet] 2018 Kenya IGF - Call for Topics

Victor Kapiyo vkapiyo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:09:00 EAT 2018

*Good afternoon Listers,The Kenya Internet Governance Forum (KIGF) is an
annual meeting that brings together various stakeholder groups to dialogue
on ICT and Internet policy. While the discussions give soft policy
outcomes, KIGF is a knowledge sharing platform that informs and inspires
policy actors in both the public and private sectors. The national forum
also feeds into the regional and global IGFs through a chain of reporting
and representation to the regional and global IGFs to ensure a bottom up
Internet policy development processes and a strong link between global
internet policies and the national one. *

*This year, the meeting shall be held on the 19 July 2018 in Nairobi. On
behalf of the local Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG), we'd be
interested to hear your views on the issues and topics that you think ought
to be discussed during this year's Kenya IGF. To enable us track them,
kindly share them in this Google Form
<https://goo.gl/forms/2raiKfsF5EUdN0dG2> which is in the format below:a)
Proposed topic(s):b) Why the topic is important or relevant:c) Proposed
speakers (if any):We are working on a tight schedule, but we'll be happy to
receive your feedback by the 15 June 2018.We shall then compile your input
and prepare the topics for the pre-IGF online discussion scheduled for
early July and the final IGF Programme. We'll also get in touch with the
proposed speakers to bring them into the room.   Here's the Kenya IGF 2017
Report <https://www.kictanet.or.ke/?p=36996> for your review.*

Kind regards,

*Victor Kapiyo*
Partner | *Lawmark Partners LLP*
Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, Commissioner for Oaths & Notary Public
*Suite No. 8, Centro House, Westlands, Nairobi | **Web: www.lawmark.co.ke
<http://www.lawmark.co.ke> *

*“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude” Zig
Ziglar*