[kictanet] Kenya IGF - Online Discussions - 10 - 14 July, 2018

Victor Kapiyo vkapiyo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 23:02:25 EAT 2018

Dear Listers,

I trust you are all well.

As you are all aware, this year's Kenya IGF will be held on the 19 July
2018 at the Panafric Hotel. The theme of the KIGF is: “ICTs for Kenya’s
Development: Getting Everyone on Board”.

As part of the lead up to the event, we shall as per the long standing
tradition, commence with the online discussions based on the topics that
members contributed to the list. The Pre-IGF discussions are useful to help
highlight the emerging issues of concern to the community and greater
in-depth discussion on the list. The discussions are also useful for
learning and experience sharing as we all get the opportunity to hear your
fantastic ideas and opinions about important issues within the ICT sector
that we all care about.

The discussions start in earnest tomorrow and the topics up for discussion
include:

Tue 10 - Content Regulation on the Internet
Wed 11 - Strengthening Data Security in the Context of Emerging Trends
Thur 12 - Developments in Fintech and E-commerce
Fri 13 - Emerging Technologies Trends (AI, distributed ledger, robotics
etc.)
Sat 14 - Online violence against women

On behalf of KIGF MAG, we look forward to your active participation.

The feedback from the discussions will be shared at the Kenya IGF.

Best regards,

Victor K
MAG Chair