[kictanet] Sh4.7 billion health data technology in limbo

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:56:26 EAT 2018

 Adam >> "Personally I think we need to be careful with Counties launching
IT systems; otherwise you’ll have 47 data centers"..

How about backup/replication or when systems/networks are down? Should each
county not have localized data which is replicated, backed up in two other
locations? One at some Central govt facility, the other at a "nearby"
culturally suitable county?

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:25 AM Adam Lane via kictanet <

> Jimmy
>
> I understand the KNH data center is primarily for the purpose of storing
> radiology images and allowing remote viewing from the experts there; I am
> not sure it is necessarily supposed to hold all patient medical data for
> the whole country, though some form of medical data for the 98 hospitals is
> supposed to be part of the project.
>

> Ali
>
> Personally I think we need to be careful with Counties launching IT
> systems; otherwise you’ll have 47 data centers…. Certainly they need to
> have capacity, ownership, governance roles etc. There’s already too much
> duplication of different systems even within counties, let alone across
> counties, and national standards and systems are necessary.
>

> Adam

SMM

*"Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one
who takes a city." Prov 16:32*