[kictanet] AriseBank: SEC Halts Alleged Initial Coin Offering Scam

qWainaina mauxdatabase at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 20:16:28 EAT 2018

I think what should be of bigger concern is that $4 billion has been raised
by upstarts globally with very little raised in Africa leave alone Kenya.

VCs have been disrupted and with the right policies and regulatory
frameworks we can create a space that allows capital starved African
startups to raise much needed funds.

I submit we are looking at this opportunity from the wrong side of the
telescope much to our own detriment.

Our biggest problem is not lack of talent but capital and the exposure and
mentorship that comes with it!

I engage with many of the blockchain upstarts. Most will fail but those
that suceed will be very disruptive...

Humbly,

John Karanja

On 31 Jan 2018 08:07, "Nick Ngatia via kictanet" <

This is no surprise.

With no possibility of regulating or taxing bitcoin transactions, I doubt
whether any government will ever embrace bitcoin or any other
crypto-currency.

To governments, anything that takes away possible tax income is
non-negotiable!

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Lawrence Njogu via kictanet <

> This is a BIG challenge for all world governments; it is a global
> megatrend and no one has an answer yet if/how/when to regulate
> cryptocurrencies.
> ------------------------------

--------------------------------

*Nick Ngatia*
Email <nick.ngatia at childrenyouth.org> *|* Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/niccoswagg1> *|* *Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/nickngatia> **| LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-ngatia-a6b06a7b?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic>
*
*Skype:* *nick.ngatia** |* *Phone:* *+25**4 (0) 711 42 2015*

*"Development Towards Sustainability is far too more important to leave it
to chance."*

mailman/options/kictanet/mauxdatabase%40gmail.com

The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform for
people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.

KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and bandwidth,
share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.