[kictanet] For those who think Safaricom is dominant think again..and think regional :)

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Jan 29 08:39:35 EAT 2018

Listers

I’ve always advocated for Kenyan Companies looking beyond the country to Africa at least. Here’s an interesting story of Sonatel, the Senegalese Telco that seems to be making waves in the investment circles. A snippet of the story below:-

For Sonatel, there is an integrated regulatory and economic environment as well as a regional presence and availability of other Orange Group subsidiaries with which to have direct partnerships for purposes of remittances in SSA.
It also notes Safaricom is increasingly doing more transactions on M-Pesa that relate to businesses as opposed to withdrawals by individuals.
“We expect revenues to suffer as business transactions gain traction at a lower transaction charge than the declining withdrawals,” said Exotix.
Read on:-

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/Exotix-tips-foreigners-to-favour-firm-over-Safaricom/3815534-4282002-f8gnyuz/index.html?utm_source=traqli&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bdafrica_newsletter

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad