[kictanet] The Follower Factory - The New York Times

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Jan 29 05:26:37 EAT 2018

Listers

To what extent are those followers on twitter for your favorite socialite, politician or celebrity real people or Bots?

Here’s an interesting expose from the New York Times.

#GoFigure

THE REAL JESSICA RYCHLY is a Minnesota teenager with a broad smile and wavy hair. She likes reading and the rapper Post Malone. When she goes on Facebook or Twitter, she sometimes muses about being bored or trades jokes with friends. Occasionally, like many teenagers, she posts a duck-face selfie.

Read on:-

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/27/technology/social-media-bots.html

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad