[kictanet] UN Working Group on BigData

Bernard Kioko bkioko at bernsoft.com
Sat Jan 27 13:11:12 EAT 2018

I wonder why Kenya is not a member. I notice Tanzania is.

Brief:

The UN Statistical Commission agreed at its 45th session to create the
Global Working Group (GWG) on Big Data for Official Statistics to further
investigate the benefits and challenges of Big Data, including the potential
for monitoring and reporting on the sustainable development goals. In this
context, the GWG and the greater official statistical community recognize
the need to adequately address issues pertaining to methodology, quality,
technology, data access, legislation, privacy, management and finance, and
provide adequate cost-benefit analyses on the use of Big Data.

https://unstats.un.org/bigdata/