[kictanet] The reality of Mobile Money interoperability is finally here

JImmy Gitonga jimmygitts at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 12:41:01 EAT 2018

Ali and Listers,

I think a lot of us are underestimating the changes that have come with
Mobile Money. Imagine banks just in Africa taking the cue from Pesalink.

It seems that mobile operators have been "chilling" and not innovating
further but just growing their markets. Telcos being pushed to make Mobile
Money interoperable is to slow down the banks and Fintech companies. Visa
na MasterCard are muscling into mobile payments, Android Pay and Google
Wallet are now Google Pay.

I wrote an article about this after talking to some people and looking at
how the next phase will be customer experience innovation. And this year
from the conversations I have had ...

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/banking-mobile-money-future-jimmy-gitonga/