[kictanet] Social Media and Hate Crime. Can what we saw online against or for others have an effect offline?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Tue Jan 16 04:31:08 EAT 2018

Social Media and Hate Crime. Can what we saw online against or for others have an effect offline?

According to the The Economist, there is some correlation. A new paper finds a strong association between anti-refugee sentiment on social media and violent crimes against refugees. For every four additional Facebook posts critical of refugees on the page of Germany’s AfD party, there was one additional anti-refugee incident.

Read on:-

http://ow.ly/5efz30hNqJ3

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad