[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] Global Commission call for research proposals - deadline 19 Jan

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 02:08:35 EAT 2018

Listers,

This might be of interest to some.

Best Regards
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:42 PM
Subject: [Internet Policy] Global Commission call for research proposals -
deadline 19 Jan
To: internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org

Dear colleagues,

The Global Commission on the Stability of Cyberspace (GCSC)
<https://cyberstability.org> launched its second request for research
proposals <https://cyberstability.org/news/gcsc-request-for-proposals/>
(RFP) on the following 4 topics:

   1. Adaptations to Enhance the Stability of Cyberspace;
   2. Impact of Technological Developments;
   3. Beyond the UN GGE;
   4. Defining Offensive Cyber Capabilities.

More details about modalities, how to apply and financial compensation can
be found in the RFP
<https://cyberstability.org/news/gcsc-request-for-proposals/>. However, if
you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me. The
deadline for applications is *January 19. *

The GCSC aims to foster the development of norms and policy coherence that
will strengthen the security and stability of cyberspace. In November, the
GCSC issued a call <https://cyberstability.org/research/call-to-protect/>
to all stakeholders to protect the public core of the Internet,
safeguarding the general availability and integrity of the Internet.

In addition, the GCSC has 4 research advisory groups, organised in mailing
lists <https://cyberstability.org/about/> open to the participation of all
interested. These lists are dedicated to discuss legal, technical and
governance aspects that concern the stability of cyberspace. Newcomers are
more than welcome.

All the best regards,

Marilia
Research Deputy Chair of the Advisory Group on Internet Governance

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277
+254733206359
Skype: barrack.otieno