[kictanet] Congratulations CS Mucheru

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Sat Jan 6 07:11:43 EAT 2018

Congratulations Bwana CS.

Couldn’t have put what GG has said better. I do sincerely wish you the best and commit to giving you all the positive support you require to realize the Silicon Savannah Dream. As I see it you have no honeymoon period. You have the advantage of incumbency. Allow me to suggest a few critical issues that are already in your inbox and require urgent action.

1. The ICT Policy 2016. This is at the cabinet level. In your own words. We urge you to do your utmost to have it on the first cabinet meeting agenda.

2. I will be asking KICTANet to put together a list of critical bills we feel deserve to be tabled in parliament before the first quarter is over. We intend to crowdsource this and help your ministry craft the best language for them that is in the best interest of the ICT community and the country.

3.  The Universal Access Fund. The country is not feeling the impact of these billions. It needs an injection of Steroids. We urge you to pay close attention to this fund and it’s activities. Many Kenyans are being disenfranchised because of connectivity issues. The current CA Statistics in my humble opinion is the stuff of fiction. Internet connectivity penetration at 112% (51 million users)? :-) See attached infograph.

4. Representation and public participation in major decisions affecting our industry. We are stakeholders. We humbly ask that the ministry looks beyond KEPSA when it talks of stakeholders. We commit to engage with respect, vigor and with an open mind.

5. Policy direction. This touches on the ICT Policy document now at Cabinet. Once this document is ready for execution we expect it to be implemented with vigor. We are your soldiers on this.

Those are my five key points for now.

Once again congratulations and may you leave a legacy worthy of your experience and qualifications.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad