[kictanet] CA’s Sh85m plan to link remote areas with mobile voice

Adam Lane adam.lane at huawei.com
Mon Feb 26 14:42:31 EAT 2018

I believe the fund already connected about 70 rural sites (as well as several hundred schools) last year so has begun to make progress.
From:Mwendwa Kivuva via kictanet
To:Adam Lane
Cc:Mwendwa Kivuva
Date:2018-02-26 14:36:09
Subject:Re: [kictanet] CA’s Sh85m plan to link remote areas with mobile voice

Ksh85m is too little too late from a fund that has collected billions.
Running a single BTS is resourse intensive. It requires physical
security, generators, power lines, road access, human resource ... and
much more.

Spending the USF on benchmarking trips and allowances seems the modus
operandi of this board. For the upteenth time, I also join Ali's call
for the board to be disbanded immediately.
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh