[kictanet] Day 3 of Talk to the Senate (2017-2022 Priorities)

kanini mutemi kaninimutemi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 09:10:46 EAT 2018

Dear Listers,

Welome to the third and final day of the Talk to the Senate series. We have discussed at length the challenges facing the counties and made exciting proposals for a brighter future. We will culminate this discussion with an earnest look at how we can foster engagements between the ICT community and the legislature (think, effective public participation). The proposals we come up with could very easily be adopted into a Public Participation Bill that would dictate how counties are to conduct public participation, talk about killing two birds with one stone.

Please indulge me in answering the following questions–

(a) What constitutes effective public participation?

(b) How can we leverage on ICT to achieve effective public participation?

(c) Please give proposals on engagements you would like to see between the ICT community and the Senate ICT Committee.

Let us finish strong!