[kictanet] Day 1 of Talk to the Senate (2017-2022 Priorities)

Harry Delano harry26001 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 08:20:37 EAT 2018

Hey Kanini, sorry I posted this on another thread, let me reprise below:-

Good morning Senator Halake,

Glad to have you on board.

Just a few remarks I got to make:-

- Maybe as you start off, now more than ever, would be a good time for the
Senate committee to commission a robust in-depth study/review across the
nation - (go on the ground). There, a clearer picture will emerge. If this
was ever to happen, please ensure you bring on board such diligently good
objective ICT experts as this is a purely technical exercise that will aid
you in the feasibility study, and this list has plenty of jolly good
experts. We need to do a comprehensive SWOT analysis sweep across the land
to ensure we equally chart a robustly comprehensive ICT roadmap going
forward. Let the overarching objective be to bridge the widening digital
divide across this country, once and for all. This time let's get it right
for posterity. I strongly  think some studies commissioned in the past,
could also be sitting somewhere.You could also benefit from these. Do
engage C.A, and ICT Authority and others. Time to bring out these drafts
and subject them to scrutiny.

- From this commissioned feasibility study, let's please look forward to a
draft blueprint as a product emerging that could underpin the ICT vision
going forward, possibly some odd 20-40 years ahead, let this be subjected
to a thorough review for refining and also benchmark against the best case
studies around the world to ensure that we also tap into the emerging
global technological innovations and best practices.

- Huduma centres was one of the best ideas mooted and implemented, if it
can be strengthened, improved and innovated further for cost effective
service delivery, the much better. Please, can the senate look into how the
product can be further devolved to counties that are missing out on the
action at the moment.? IMHO , methinks the USAF fund could play a big role
in this direction in order to ensure that critical services are accessible
at the grassroot level and to bridge this digital gap.

- Meanwhile, the academic centres are a crucial component in enabling us
empower, train, mentor and equip the next generation set of innovators and
service delivery personnel. As you refocus, this needs to be a centrepiece
of your ICT vision at the devolved units. At each Huduma unit, we could
also come up with a centre of IT excellence that can train both young and
old at a subsidized cost. Again USAF can play a big role here.

Thanks,

Harry

On 5 Feb 2018 07:30, "kanini mutemi via kictanet" <