[kictanet] Wangusi blocked from resuming office

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 09:41:28 EAT 2018

We condemn this actions considering the fact that a number of members on
the CA board are colleagues in the industry. I also read in the media that
there are quite a number of staff that are in office by order of the
courts, why the double standards. Lastly I am also perplexed by the loud
silence by a number of industry associations and lobby groups that have
been at the fore front of championing corporate governance and condemning
such actions. Chikungunya is spreading at an alarming rate.

Regards

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 9:11 AM, Grace Githaiga via kictanet <

> Victor
>
> Tafakari haya:
>
> "However, in his petition Mr Wangusi faulted the board for failing to
> follow procedure. He also claimed he was being victimised for “unrelated
> matters including the parent ministry’s interference with the running of
> the authority”.
>
> Investigations, including by sister publication Sunday Nation, have
> revealed that Mr Wangusi often found himself at loggerheads with the
> Ministry of Information, particularly over requests that the CA finance
> activities outside its domain."
>
> Back to the "Independence of CA" debate.
>
> Best regards
>

> Githaiga, Grace
>

> On Friday, 02-02-2018 at 08:27 Victor Kapiyo via kictanet wrote:
>
> Listers,
>
> Francis Wangusi was Thursday barred from resuming his post as
> director-general of the Communications Authority of Kenya (CA), despite a
> January 30 court order reinstating him in office.
>
> Mr Wangusi had gone to the CA premises on Nairobi’s on Waiyaki Way on
> Wednesday to “prepare” his office for the planned return but when he
> officially reported Thursday, four men blocked the gate to the authority’s
> offices denying him entry.
>
> **
>
> Looks like Court orders don't matter any more.
>
> Read more:
>
> https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/CA-blocks-Wangusi-from-
> resuming-office/539546-4288034-5h3yod/index.html
>

> Co-Convenor
> Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
> Twitter:@ggithaiga
> Tel: 254722701495 <0722%20701495>
> Skype: gracegithaiga
> Alternate email: ggithaiga at hotmail.com
> Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gracegithaiga
> www.kictanet.or.ke
>
> "Change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged and
> come together to demand it. I am asking you to believe. Not in my ability
> to bring about change – but in yours"---Barrack Obama.

> mailman/options/kictanet/otieno.barrack%40gmail.com

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277
+254733206359
Skype: barrack.otieno