[kictanet] Day 1- Policy and Regulatory Framework on Privacy and Data Protection

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 13:02:55 EAT 2018

 Listers,
please note that the bill is also hosted on the Jadili platform @ http://jadili.ictpolicy.org/docs/privacy-and-data-protection-policy-and-bill-,2018#heading-1 for your easy access.
Lets have your views so that what finally goes to parliament has stakeholder support with less risk of court-cases ;-)
walu.
    On Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:47:31 AM GMT+3, kanini mutemi via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:

 Day 1- Principles of Data Protection
Dear Listers,

As GG had indicated on Monday, we will hold online moderated discussions on the policy and regulatory framework on privacy and data protection. I will kick us off with a discussion on the proposed principles of data protection (Part 5 of the draft policy and Part IV of the draft bill).

There are seven proposed principles–
(a) Fairness, lawfulness and transparency
(b) Purpose limitation
(c) Data minimisation
(d) Storage limitation
(e) Accuracy
(f) Confidentiality and Integrity
(g) Accountability

To begin with, I welcome comments on
-what is your first impression of the principles?
-why do we need to set out principles?
-are the principles clearly defined in the draft policy and bill?

Tujadiliane! --
Mercy Mutemi​.