[kictanet] How China is working to overtake the internet and butt heads with the U.S. - Axios

ken Otieno Ogera ogeraken at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 15:22:24 EAT 2018

Thanks Wangari for sharing this. But there is something else to note in
this. The Geopolitical angle. The US allies numbers is not captured in this
article & the internet architecture.
And China’s interests is more on access of data for its internal & external
politics plus Intellectual theft( diplomatically called Industrial
espionage). I see this in heavily encrypted applications already hence the
Chinese desire for the world to use WeChat which it has control of vs
WhatsApp,Telegram & Signal which is a headache for them.
Geopolitical issues & Industrialization is the key driver for Chinese
desire to control the Internet. Will America  and its Western allies
including Japan, South Korea & Australia allow this?  Time will tell.

Ken Ogera

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 21:48, WANGARI KABIRU via kictanet <