[kictanet] Telcos CEOs on the spot in push to declare Safaricom dominant

Dick Omondi dick.omondi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 11:35:06 EAT 2018

The telcoms market in Kenya has turned out just like the politics of our
country.

I will leave this here, having followed the politics of the telcoms market
in Kenya for a while now.

It is worth noting that Kenya is not an island in the telcoms world where
regulators in various parts of the world have acted, putting in the right
policies and regulations to the benefit of their consumers, and for the
prosperity of their industry.

In our case, everyone knows what needs to be done - the regulators and
policy makers - they also know why, how, and when its needs to be done, but
no one wants to do it simply to keep in right corner, and to fuel and
promote opinions that continue to occupy peoples time, minds and energy
away from doing the right things, including such opinions from those whose
knowledge and expertise are indeed far removed from the reality of the
Industry.

Well, history will judge us, and those that will live the legacy will the
be ones that will one day wake up to the call of duty, and do the right
thing for their country, what they are rightly paid to do, and the market
even though it meant losing close friends and allies, and business
associates, just like our own President Uhuru did when he took on the
monster of corruption and its networks, and ill gotten gains at the expense
of the public.

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 10:38 AM Grace Bomu via kictanet <