[kictanet] Fwd: Blockchain Policy Conference (Paris, 4-5 September)

Jessica Musila jessica at mzalendo.com
Wed Aug 8 12:18:01 EAT 2018

FYI - Blockchain conference at the OECD

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <Holly.RICHARDS at oecd.org>
Date: Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 11:25 AM
Subject: Blockchain Policy Conference (Paris, 4-5 September)
To: tictecbymysociety at googlegroups.com

Happy summer TICTeC-ies!

I’m sharing information on an upcoming blockchain conference at the OECD
<http://www.oecd.org/finance/oecd-blockchain-policy-forum-2018.htm> in case
you or someone working on blockchain in your sphere would be interested to
join. We’re encouraging civil society/non-governmental participation as
this will lead into a whole stream of research and analysis going forward.
The organizers are still looking for projects with experience in transport
applications, health, agriculture and migration.

Here’s a short description with link to registration (and feel free to let
me know if you’re planning to come):

The *OECD Blockchain Policy Forum
<http://www.oecd.org/finance/oecd-blockchain-policy-forum-2018.htm> *will
explore the impact blockchain is set to have across a wide range of sectors
and on many of the policy areas at the heart of the OECD’s work. The
discussions will focus on blockchain’s potential in addressing current and
future policy challenges, its limitations, as well as risks that could
arise and ways to mitigate them.  Experts will lead an in-depth exchange on
how blockchain can enhance inclusiveness in various sectors of the economy,
boost sustainability and green growth, and strengthen governance and
enforcement practices. High-level government officials, international
experts and industry representatives will take part in the panel
discussions, and we expect well over 400 attendees.

Cheers,

Holly

[image: logo_mail_uk]

*Holly Richards *Public Affairs Manager
Civil Society and Parliamentary Liaison

Public Affairs and Communications Directorate

2, rue André
<https://maps.google.com/?q=2,+rue+Andr%C3%A9&entry=gmail&source=g> Pascal
- 75775 Paris Cedex 16
Tel: +33 1 45 24 9161 - Fax: +33 1 44 30 63 46

holly.richards at oecd.org || www.oecd.org

[image: FORUM2018_SignatureMail_02_EN]

gid/tictecbymysociety/6d9ad400bd5645e3a72ab5ed71552728%40oecd.org
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tictecbymysociety/6d9ad400bd5645e3a72ab5ed71552728%40oecd.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.