[kictanet] Banning of the FILM Rafiki

Alex Comninos alex.comninos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:43:16 EAT 2018

Dear Lawrence,

Perhaps I can introduce you to some of my LGBT friends? You will find them
nice people I am sure, all moral, and many are good christians.

Freedom of religion, expression, and thought are protected by the Kenyan
constitution. This does not allow people to impose their religious beliefs
on others. Kenya is not a religious theocracy.

I thought that according to Jesus, Christians dont follow the old testament
to the word.

Perhaps there are more updated interpretations of the Bible, moral
philosophy, or human rights instruments that could follow.

I would not not the first testament word for word. That is asking for
trouble.

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall
not enter into the congregation of the Lord."(Deuteronomy 23:1)

Deuteronomy 25:11-1: If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them
comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and
seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no
pity.

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those
who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter
2:18)

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end
of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her,
he may allow her to be bought back again."
Exodus 21: 7-8

Kind regards,
Alex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M_-ucSaFpU

> On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 at 12:57, Dorcas Muthoni <dmuthoni at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What is the film about?

> > On Mon, Apr 30, 2018, 1:55 PM Alex Comninos via kictanet <

> >> Hi

> >> I was shocked to learn that the film classification board has banned an
> >> LGBT film, Rafiki.

> >> Our Film and Publication Board recently attempted this but it was
> reversed
> >> by the courts.

> >> Films are ICTs and we should be discussing this on the list.

> >> I am looking forward to the discussion.

> >> Kind regards,
> >> Alex

> https://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/dmuthoni%40gmail.com

> >> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and
development.

https://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/ldinga%40managecom.co.ke