[kictanet] IEA position on CA's Analysys Mason Dominance Report

kanini mutemi kaninimutemi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:02:55 EAT 2018

M-PESA is accessible to Safaricom sim card owners. If you’re on
airtel/telkom etc, you don’t access the full range of MPESA services. You
can receive money (which you have to withdraw ASAP) but that’s about it.
(The last time I checked that was the position).

Telkom now has T-Kash. To access the mobile money facility you have to buy
a Telkom sim card.

Airtel money the same.

Product A- sim card to be used for communication. Needs airtime obtained
from the provider.

Product B- Mobile money- send money using the mobile phone.

For you to get Product B you have to obtain Product A.

Could this be considered tying?

On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 at 09:38, Walubengo J via kictanet <