[kictanet] IEA position on CA's Analysys Mason Dominance Report

Grace Bomu nmutungu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 07:01:41 EAT 2018

​t is easy to understand where I​
EA
​ is coming from in saying that further price controls may not necessarily
yield desired results. It would definitely help to have more light on the
report and surrounding issues. I would also be interested to know whether
attempts have been made at negotiating issues such as infrastructure
sharing. We might also want an update on implementation of the access study
gaps report that was shared by CA a while back. After the elections, a
really good case for access in under-served areas was made. With
involvement of county governments, so much can be improved without the
overly drastic recommendations in the report.

That said, I am also wondering about the future of the mobile economy.
Safaricom for one has already invested in moving beyond Mpesa. We are
already seeing Safaricom as a one stop shop platform-payment, music, tv,
internet, taxis and other apps....There are pros and cons of this model.
Might we be talking of "platform neutrality" in the future?

Best,