[kictanet] Capacity Building and the role of ICTA

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Sep 29 10:35:56 EAT 2017

Muraya

Great questions on ICTA.

Personally I'd love to have ICTA organize an open day to update industry
players and Kenyans in General on their initiatives and how things ICT are
moving forward. It is imperative that they communicate better than they are
currently doing. For example:-

1.  A quick check of the ICTA website on events in the ICT Sector produced
the following result. (See attached screenshot).
2. A quick visit to the Apply to be a Mentor page shows that the link to
the form doesn't work. (See attached screenshot)

I personally believe ICTA is doing some great work in the background but
their lack of communication is coming across like its a ship without a
captain.

Can we see a more vigorous ICTA that gives justice to our role in the
Development of Technology in Africa?

Another issue I have to raise is this:-

Looking at the Board composition I'm shocked that there is no
representation from the Industry and Consumer groups. 100% of the Board
consists of Government Operatives. Surely there is something wrong with
that?? Unless of course the website hasn't been updated.

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*Hussein & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 10:08 AM, S.M. Muraya via kictanet <